Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ihearfaces-Faces!


This week's Iheartfaces challenge is faces. Not just any faces, but one taken between December 1, 2009 and January 12 2009. This is one of my favorite faces in the world.



This is my Uncle Vern. Because of him and his wife, I had a sense that I was actually worthy of love. I had safety, I had fun, I had joy, I had rest, and I learned of faith when I was with them. He's pretty sick now, just had a defibrillator and a pace maker put in and has diabetes, but you can't tell it from this picture. He is doing what he does best, loving a little girl (in this case my absolutely precious niece!!). Grateful is too small a word for what he and my Aunt Sandy poured into me.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

That is really, really lovely. What a beautiful tribute to a special man.

(and a great picture too!)

Unknown said...

Awwwwwwwwww. I love him! I just said a prayer for him! I hope he feels better! He has a wonderful smile and such loving eyes. My day will be better because I saw this post with him in it! People like him definitely make the world a better place! : )

Dea said...

Such a great capture: The look of adoration for that lil girl..great shot!

Shyfroggy said...

What a great picture and a great story. Will be praying that he get better soon. My grandfather had a defibrilator put in almost a year ago and a quaddruple bypass open heart surgery June 20, 2008. It has been a rough two years for him but he is slowly regaining strength. Keep your head up!

Serline said...

Moment of pure joy.