Sunday, October 26, 2008

This is.....

Something I was surprised I liked
My husband. I was going to marry a tall cowboy who loved to dance, could ride, lived on a ranch, and wanted to have a million kids. It'd be nice if he loved God, but that was just icing on the cake. To my surprise, I married a tall computer programming jazz musician who hates to dance, has never been on a horse and only wanted 4 kids. So how'd we end up with 8? Well, he decided that 3 and 4 were so much fun, lets go for 5! Then number 5 got here and it still just didn't seem like all that many, so we ended up with 6 and 7, which suddenly made it seem like a million. I talked him into #8 though. Turns out it was the best thing we ever did.

He not only loves God, but is passionate about Jesus. And that's really what is core in our marriage. Weird, the one thing I could care less about about and it's what is now the sexiest thing about him.

He learned to dance and I learned to love jazz, except for modern, :0P. We're looking for an acre or so, but no bigger, and NO horses, which is fine with me, turns out they are a lot of work. I've learned to decorate around all the computers and not make too much fun of him for being a nerd(I actually greatly appreciate his nerdness, it keeps our family very well), he's learned that not all country music is awful.

I really like him. I look at him some days and am still surprised and a little overwhelmed how much I like him.

This post is part of a game called This Is which I found at Three Buttons, through my friend at Sum of Mum. This weeks This Is topic brought to you by Earl and Cookie .




2 comments:

Karin said...

Hee hee! Well, he looks likable enough! Great post! :-)

I haven't done this weeks this is.... I'm having trouble coming up with an answer!

Lissy said...

What a fantastic post...what an amazing man!!